Wednesday, June 27, 2007

All in a days work...

I had stayed up way beyond my bed time last night and wanted to come home and go to bed. Knowing that sleep was out of the question, at this early evening hour. I wondered how I would maintain some small amount of sanity, and deal with two children that have more energy then a nuclear bomb.

The routine began as normal, when I picked them up from daycare. Keytyn, was overly excited to see me. I walked in the door to his room and I heard "AAAAWWW, Mommy." It was the first time I had heard him say mommy. He grabbed a hold of me and hugged me tight hardly allowing my arms free to help Krystyl get ready for the swimming lessons. The outdoor temperature was much cooler today, and I had secretly hoped that swimming lessons would be canceled. NO such luck, the lessons were on, and so was the swiming test. Krystyl was excited about taking her swimming test and quickly got her swimsuit on and out to the van.

We were a few minutes early for lessons. I giggled as I looked around and saw the parents dressed in long pants, sweatshirts, jackets, socks and shoes shivering, to keep warm. The preschool children were dressed in swimsuits acting like it was a hot, beautiful summer day. A poor shivering Krystyl refused to admit she was cold despite her mottled skin. She was not going to risk missing her swim test. I am convinced she did not pass her swimming test (results tomorrow) after the near drowing incident, she became scared to go under water.

The test was done, and we were all loaded into the appropriate carseat or seatbelt, and it was time for supper. I would have given a million dollars to go to bed by this time. I didn't want to think about what lay ahead the rest of the night. The thought of supper, baths, sibling fights, toys scattered around the living room, and the constant noise was exhausting. We had not even reached the house yet and I was tired. While driving home, I heard it on the radio, a Taco Johns comercial and music in the park. We grabbed taco's, and headed toward the park.

We ate our taco's in the park. Keytyn smiled the whole time, and Krystyl was confused that we were eating at the park. My mothers friend and her grandson were in the park, and Keytyn, Krystyl and Max played on the slide. Keytyn climbed Jacobs Ladder all by himself, and loved the twisted slide. Max had to leave, and the music was soon to start. We sat and listened to the Meyer Family perform. Krystyl loved listening to the kids sing. We almost made it to the end, and the little ones became fidgety, uncontrolled, and whiney. We headed for home.

We arrived back at our home at a little after 8:00. It was bath time, snack time, and both children were sound asleep by 9:00 pm. What a nice ending to what could have been a very long evening, with a crabby mommy, and wo children that have enough energy, they could light up NYC.



No comments: