Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Update from Dalles

Talked with Dalles on the phone tonight. He was pretty closed lips about what he was feeling and thinking, he says "there are ears in the corn field." Meaning couldn't talk freely.

He said it was 105 degrees in Wisconsin today, and they were in tents with out air conditioning. He wasn't to impressed with the heat, or the tent. I did remind him that Iraq is in the dessert and it will be hot there also. He said very little.

I am not sure if he is unhappy about going to Iraq, if he is unhappy with the training, or if he is homesick. I just knew that he sounded very sad. I sent him hugs, and told him I LOVED him. What else is a mom to do. I sure wish I could just go get him, and bring him home. That would stop my worry, and protect him from the dangers that lie ahead. I can't...So each night, I just pray for his safety, and that his brain will absorb what it needs to absorb so that he will be safe.

May God Keep you safe, Dalles

Love
Mom

1 comment:

Valerie said...

So we should send care packages with dry ice to keep him cool?! :) "ears in the corn field" sounds like a gramma type saying that's been passed down through the years...right up there with "fair to middlin'" as a response to 'how are you?' and "knee high to a pissant" Hope his days get better as time goes on...thinking of you Dalles (and Donna!)