Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Another Update from Dalles

A happier more content Dalles on the phone today. He says he is getting to know the guys a little bit, and you can hear him joking occasionally with the guys. What a blessing to know that he is finally beginning to feel a connection with some of the guys.

He said today was better, he had a lot of briefs to attend today. He was so excited that it was in an air conditioned classroom, and the weather was not 105 degrees. Tomorrow he is going to do some shooting range stuff (he is pumped about that), he is going to go get some type of gear, and then they are guarding another teams camp until around midnight. He said, for those of us that have gotten used to going to bed at 8:00 pm, it is going to be hell being up until midnight. He sounded much happier that he was going to be doing something rather then just listening.

He was truly excited that I finally got his first care package off to him. He wasted no time informing me that I got the wrong M&M's (I bought plain), he likes the peanut butter. He also was excited to tell me that about 1:00 pm on the 16th he will be ready to leave to come home.

The plan is that I will leave after work on the 15th, get to Wisconsin some time late night on the 15th or early morning on the 16th. Catch a few zzzz's in a motel room, and turn around and come home. We should arrive late on the 16th of August or early morning on the 17th.

That is the update from Ft. McCoy Wisconsin...

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Boy has good taste in M&M's! My crew loves the peanut...but I adore the peanut butter ones! Glad to hear things are perking up!

Brianne Hudgins Photography said...

I'm sure getting a care package of yummies from mom had noooooooothing to do with the improved outlook right?! I'm glad he sounds happier ~ you get to see your baby in just 17 days!!!!