Monday, June 25, 2007

Keytyn Dr. appointment.

I think the new Doctor, realized that Keytyn's mommy has had enough, and also realized that Keytyn is sick. He couldn't believe that we have been dealing with his ears almost since day one. He really stood up and took notice when I said "It seems that all the tubes did was make things worst."

The plan of action include:
Keeping Keytyn on antibiotics until after surgery. This is being done for two reasons (1) we do not want to have another full blown infection and risk not being able to do surgery. (2) his infection is not completely cleared up.

Yes Keytyn is having another surgery. He will be having his tonsils out, adenoids removed and a laryngobiopsy completed. The biopsy is to see if he suffers from a syndrme that causes the cilia hairs of the nose, sinus, throat to move in the wrong direction. This would explain why he has suffered multiple infections from multiple organisms.

They will also be doing a panel of blood tests. These blood tests will determine what if anything Keytyn is allergic too. Then we will have to be very proactive at keeping any allergens away from him and out of his enviroment.

He also told me to quit my job. He didn't seem to excited to write me a check for $3000.00 each month to stay home. I did tell him with the daycare savings I would be willing to accept a check for $2500. He did not jump on that offer either.

Surgery Date is scheduled for July 17th. He will be spending the night in the hospital, with plans to discharge on the 18th. I will be off those two days, then plan to work 19, 20, 21. Then I start a week of vacation. I may have to give a couple of days of vacation up, to accomodate my work schedule and being on the 17 and 18. My boss and I just left it, as me being off those two days, and we will see how Keytyn does. It is nice to work a job, that allows me to put my family before work.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Glad the Dr. listened.
You and Keytyn are in my prayers. Lots of hugs