Sunday, June 24, 2007

Updates from Wisconsin....

I hear almost daily, "Have you talked with Dalles". I tell the same story each and every time. My solution is that I am going to blog regular updates from my Army Man, here on this blog. I know many people are interested in his address:

PFC Jorgenson Dalles
817 Engineer Co. NDARNG
1868 Regimental Avenue
Ft. McCoy, WI 54656

Write 2nd Platoon on the envelope

I did have an email address for him, but I am not sure what I did with it. He currently has no access to internet, so an email address does little to get into touch with him.

He did call last night 6/23. He won't admit it, I think he is homesick. He is frustrated with the leadership, and became angry with me, when I told him to remember that many of those that are with him, have TONS of experience something he is lacking.

He has made some friends, but continues to say "I can't wait until this is over, and I can go back to my unit in Lisbon" He is looking foreward to the trip home just before he leaves to go to Iraq. He will be home from August 17 - 20. The plans are to have a party at the lake on the 18th.

He really enjoyed the treats that Tara sent to him, and his quilt that his Grandma made him. He said..."Oh mom, the quilt smelled like home"

That is the update on our Iraq bound boy....Our prayers are with him each and every day....We all appreciate those that are praying for his safety...

No comments: