Friday, July 13, 2007

The Bootiful Caw

Driving down the road, with two toddlers in the car is always interesting. I am usually more aware of sounds, actions, and other vehicles that maybe in my path. I guess about 2 months ago, I was driving by this empty lot used to park a variety of vehicles that private owners have for sale.

I heard my precious daughter yell from the back seat. "Stop did you see dat?" I slammed on the breaks, frightened that I missed something and anxiously asked "What, Krystyl, see what?" Krystyl spouts off from the back seat, "Dat, bootiful car!! Isn't it just bootiful" pointing to this neon green bug. I was relieved that I hadn't missed something important like another persons child. I agreed with her, "Yes it is beautiful" She never said another word.

Until July 3rd, when she says "Oh, the bootiful caw is gone, it must be in my gawage." We came home, she looked in the gawage, and became very angry with me. "Mom, the bootiful caw isn't in our gawage, where is it?" I made the sad mistake of saying, Krystyl I am sorry, I didn't buy the beautiful car. Several tears later, she finally settled down, and accepted the fact that the beautiful car was in someone else's garage.

Would someone please explain to me, what makes my 3 1/2 year old think, I am going to buy her a car. She doesn't even have a drivers license.

No comments: